Hi there! I’m in my kitchen unpacking from my TV appearance today. I had the chance to share 2 of my favorite Spring recipes perfect for next weekend. My favorite part of these recipes is that they can be prepared the day or 2 before Easter, so you have more time to enjoy family and friends all day.
As always, email subscribers received these recipes first, so be sure to sign-up for the latest updates and your FREE ecookbook!
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil or oil of choice
- 6 hard boiled eggs, cooled and peeled
- 1/2 cup red pepper hummus
- Coat red pepper with olive oil and place on a baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and roast for 25 minutes, until skin becomes wrinkled. Once cool enough to handle, peel off skin and cut out core. Cut red pepper into thin slices and set aside.
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Place 3 of the egg yolks in a medium bowl. Discard the other 3 yolks.
- Add the hummus to the bowl and mash with a fork. Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the hummus-egg mixture into each egg half.
- Top with 2 small red pepper strips and serve.
- 15 pitted Medjool dates, soaked in water
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Drain the dates and place in a food processor or blender. Pulse until a thick paste forms.
- Add the peanut butter and pulse until combined. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon and form into an egg shape. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining mixture (makes about 12 eggs).
- Place eggs in the freezer for at least 1 hour to harden.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until melted, stirring frequently.
- Gently dip each egg into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place each egg back on the parchment paper and keep chilled until ready to serve.
To download a full Easter brunch menu, check out my Springtime Celebrations Collection here!
Have you signed up for your free ebook yet?