Wow! That is a long title… but I wanted to convey just how amazing this dinner is. I needed something comforting tonight, as I said farewell to a dear friend, Breaking Bad. I have been wanting to experiment with this for a while, and tonight seemed like the perfect time. Much like Walt and Jesse, I worked on this ‘cook’ until it was perfect. Basically, I took some of the best elements of Thanksgiving dinner and condensed them into a burger and fries.
Naturally, I started with ground turkey. I then added some common stuffing seasonings - thyme, celery & marjoram. For more interesting flavor, I added dried cranberries and goat cheese. No, goat cheese does not exactly say Thanksgiving, but it makes everything taste better, and NO ONE can argue with that.
Instead of salt and pepper, the sweet potato fries are seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Finally, the marshmallow dipping sauce completes this comforting, easy Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanksgiving Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Sweet potato fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
Marshmallow dipping sauce
- 3 tbsp marshmallow fluff
- 2 tbsp vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp unsweetened almond milk
- To prepare the burgers, combine all burger ingredients and form into 4 patties. Set aside until ready to grill.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into fry-size pieces and spread onto 2 baking sheets. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to coat.
- Bake the sweet potatoes at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce for the fries, beat together the marshmallow fluff, Greek yogurt & milk and keep cool until ready to use.
- To cook the burgers, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and spray with olive oil.
- Cook the burgers for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes. I would recommend cutting one in half to make sure it is no longer pink.
- Place the turkey burgers on the hamburger buns, add the sweet potato fries and marshmallow dipping sauce, and ENJOY!