Feeling bored with your weekday lunch? This avocado chicken salad is the answer! You can easily whip this up on Sunday and enjoy it all week. I added raisins and curry to spice it up, but the recipe can easily be modified to fit your taste. To keep it easy, buy a rotisserie chicken and use half for a dinner and half for this chicken salad!
Avocado Chicken Salad
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chicken.
- Fold in the shredded chicken and toss to coat. Serve on whole grain bread or wrapped in lettuce. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links - All sales support Diet Deep Dish
Whole Life Challenge Check-In
3 weeks down! It has actually flown by! I’m definitely noticing some changes. I no longer feel like I need a carb with dinner. In the past, I would always have bread with chili or soup, but now I don’t even think about it.
I still have some low point days, but I’m no longer stressing about that. Last week at Pizza Man, I lost all 5 nutrition points and it was SO worth it!
Here are some things that are keeping me motivated:
- The Whole Life Challenge Blog
- Paleo recipe blogs like Rubies and Radishes
- My subscription to Clean Eating Magazine
- MY TEAM Patty, Abby & Maggie
For more WLC updates and recipes, check the Whole Life Challenge section!